Vandaag heeft Kent Alterman, President Original Programming van Comedy Central (US), bekendgemaakt dat Comedy Central het populaire Discover channel op Snapchat uit gaat breiden. Maar liefst negen nieuwe series, waaronder animatie, sketch, stand-up, reality televisie en late night, zijn straks exclusief en wereldwijd te zien op het platform. Het gaat om de volgende series: 7 Mins in Purgatory, Animal-Lolz, Bert’s Dreams, Deadliest Chef, Guber Pool, Messages From the Future, The Lounge, You’re Wrong en Untitled Late Night Series. Wanneer de series op Snapchat te zien zijn, wordt op een later tijdstip bekendgemaakt.
Bekijk hieronder het volledige Engelstalige persbericht:
COMEDY CENTRAL® EXPANDS SNAPCHAT DISCOVER CONTENT OFFERINGS WITH MASSIVE GLOBAL SLATE DEVELOPED EXCLUSIVELY FOR COMEDY CENTRAL ON SNAPCHAT DISCOVER
Nine New Series Greenlit to Debut Globally Include Animation, Sketch, Stand-up, Reality and Late Night
NEW YORK, March 30, 2016 – Comedy Central is expanding its popular Discover channel on Snapchat with an extensive development slate of original series created exclusively for the platform, it was announced today by Kent Alterman, President, Original Programming, Comedy Central in the US. The Snapchat slate includes global greenlights for nine new series encompassing a range of formats covering the worlds of animation, sketch, stand-up, reality television and late night.
"It’s been great fun experimenting with established and emerging talent on our Snapchat Discover channel,” said Alterman. “It allows us to play with form and format, and the reception from our fans and the creative community has been tremendously gratifying."
“We launched our Snapchat Discover channel internationally just two months ago and are thrilled with the response from fans,” said Jill Offman, SVP and head of Comedy Central International. “With a mission to become THE home of funny across every platform internationally, this fresh new content lets us give our audiences more of what they love and expect from Comedy Central around the world.”
All new series will be available for streaming exclusively on Comedy Central’s Discover channel globally. Premiere dates will be announced at a later date.
An inaugural partner for the January 2015 launch of Snapchat Discover, the US Comedy Central channel has become one of the most popular platforms for fans of the #1 brand in comedy to view and share content. In a recent survey of 1,117 U.S.-based Snapchat users between the ages of 13-24 conducted exclusively for Variety by Defy Media, the Comedy Central Discover channel was ranked as the second most-popular Discover channel among the poll’s participants, garnering one of the top two slots, alongside BuzzFeed. In February 2016, Comedy Central launched its international Snapchat Discover channel to fans around the world.
GLOBAL SERIES GREENLIGHTS
- 7 Mins in Purgatory – created by Ian Abramson, each episode centers on five comedians who must perform their acts in an empty space devoid of an audience which watches and reacts from another location where the comedians can't hear them
- Animal-Lolz –from heartbroken penguins to alcoholic monkeys, comedian Joe Zimmerman (“The Half Hour”) shares a new, totally true animal fact with us each week. Short animations by Charlie Hankin bring to life Joe's musings about each animal.
- Bert’s Dreams – Bert Kreischer has some pretty crazy dreams and he loves to share them with people. In this series, animated by Johnny McHone, Kreischer’s dreams come to life via animated recreations.
- Deadliest Chef – comedian Caleb Synan finds himself failing upward in world of reality TV cooking shows.
- Guber Pool – From sketch team Dollar Pizza, comes a sketch series about the newest frontier in awkward interactions, ride sharing app
- Messages From the Future – Comedian Julio Torres lives in the future and is sending us urgent messages to help save us from our dark, apocalyptic fate -- but also he's hoping that you can find the umbrella that he lost and bring it to him in the future.
- The Lounge – written and created by the Hudson Brothers (Dylan, Trent, Justin, Brandon and Devin), this animated series follows four best friends who work together at a middle school in Missouri. None of them are teachers, all of them are assholes.
- You’re Wrong – Mike Lawrence (“Inside Amy Schumer”) is an angry nerd with strong opinions. He's here to tell you why your take on everything from Batman to Ryan Reynolds is wrong.
- Untitled Late Night Series – Created by Emily Candini and co-written by Emily Candini and Dave Horwitz, this series exposes exactly what goes on during the commercial breaks in between late night interview segments.